NBA trade rumors: Celtics shopping Aron Baynes, looking to clear cap space

first_imgThe Celtics’ 2019 offseason has already been a rocky one, but the team’s front office is trying to salvage what it can.Boston is actively looking to trade veteran center Aron Baynes in order to clear cap space, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Baynes exercised his $5.4 million player option earlier this month. Boston has offered center Aron Baynes — $5.4M expiring contract — into salary cap space elsewhere, league sources tell ESPN. Without Kyrie Irving and Al Horford on the books, moving Baynes without taking back salary could get the Celtics to $23M in space.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 20, 2019Baynes is apparently on board with the plan now that the Celtics are unlikely to be title contenders in the near future.To clear something up with news that Aron Baynes could be traded by the Boston Celtics for cap space: This is a mutual thing. Baynes wanted to stay in Boston, if the Celtics were also going to be contenders. As some things have changed, Baynes and Boston are looking for trades.— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) June 20, 2019With Kyrie Irving and Al Horford each declining their respective player options and electing to test the market, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge is doing everything he can to position Boston to be a viable destination for other free agents this summer.The departures of Horford and Baynes would leave a huge void in the frontcourt, so the Celtics will have to aggressively pursue centers when free agency [email protected] on @SiriusXMNBA earlier today: “The Celtics are going to prioritize getting a center, maybe someone like (Nikola) Vucevic. … They’re fully operating under the belief that those two guys (Kyrie and Horford) are walking.”— Chris Grenham (@chrisgrenham) June 19, 2019 NBA DRAFT RUMORS: Celtics have interest in trading up to No. 4last_img read more

Suárez: “If we win at the Bernabéu we will take a major blow”

first_imgLuis Suarez wants to play again as soon as possible and renew with Barça. The Uruguayan striker, who was operated on January 12 by Dr. Ramón Cugat on the return of the Spanish Supercup dispute of a meniscal injury that had been dragging for a long time, said in an interview with RAC1 that “I was used to playing with pain, dragged discomfort for years and therefore forced other areas of the knee. I know that I am criticized for my operations and my discomfort, but I am strong in the face of these comments and what I will try is to return earlier than what is said. “Initially, the club said the forward would be about four months off. Before entering the operating room, a period of convalescence of four to six weeks was presumed and he was expected to play the decisive part of the course with the aim of reappearing before Naples in the Champions League on February 25. But after the intervention the plans were twisted and he was diagnosed those four months that the charrúa wants to cut. In the interview, Suarez, 33, also talks about his future and He is willing to renew the contract that expires next season.“My family is very happy in Barcelona and I feel useful to the team, the decision to renew the club must take, for my part I want to continue, but it doesn’t depend on me, but if next year I play 60% of the games I renew automatically, “he revealed. Looking ahead to Sunday’s Classic, he is hopeful and commented that “if we win, it will be a major blow”, while being asked about the latest controversies surrounding the use of Social networks of the club in which some of his teammates were criticized chose to remove iron from the matter and said that “About that in the locker room we hardly talked.”last_img read more