Low price charity domain names

Domain name company Nominutty are offering registered UK charities .org.uk domain names from £7.99 plus the one-off £50 administration fee. Single charity domain names are available for £9.99.There are of course plenty of other domain name companies, and you should always check the small print when offers seem so good, but no other domain name companies seem to have aimed to serve UK charities. When ordering a domain name it is always sensible to check if there are any high domain transfer fees should you wish to move the domain to another hosting company. Advertisement AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Low price charity domain names Howard Lake | 22 March 2000 | News  11 total views,  1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. read more

Sumo wrestler’s retirement offer rejected in spite of breaking COVID-19 rules

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians The Japanese Sumo Association has rejected wrestler Abi Masatora’s offer to retire, while banning him from the next three tournaments after he broke coronavirus restrictions by visiting bars.The 26-year-old offered to retire earlier this week after he was found to have visited hostess bars on two occasions, once before and once during the most recent Grand Sumo Tournament. However, the JSA said after a board meeting on Thursday they had declined his offer, instead banning him for three tournaments and halving his pay for the next five months.Kyodo News reports that Abi, whose real name is Kosuke Horikiri, has since tested negative for COVID-19.The 26-year-old made his professional debut in 2016 and has reached sumo’s fourth highest rank of komusubi.Terunofuji won the July tournament held at Tokyo’s Ryogoku Kokugikan, which has been kept to a quarter capacity because of the virus.It was the first tournament held in four months following the cancellation of May’s event due to the pandemic. The tournament was also moved from its usual location in Nagoya to reduce necessary travel during the pandemic.Reuters/NAN.Tags: Abi MasatoraCOVID-19Grand Sumo Tournamentlast_img read more

Final draw celebrates Africa

first_imgFrom left, David Beckham, Charlise Theronand Fifa secretary-general Jérôme Valckeduring the final draw.(Image: Shine2010)MEDIA CONTACTS • Jermaine Craig LOC media manager+27 11 567 2010 or +27 83 201 0121According to Danny Jordaan, head of the 2010 Fifa World Cup Local Organising Committee South Africa, the final draw held in Cape Town on 4 December 2009 delivered on the promise of a world-class event.“We promised the country a spectacular and world-class event and we delivered on that promise. It was a great celebration of Africa which triggered a wave of passion and support on the streets of Cape Town, across South Africa and around the world,” said Jordaan.He was speaking after a night that sparkled with all the glamour of Hollywood, but came alive with the rhythm and soul of Africa as the eight groups for the 2010 Fifa World Cup were decided.Download the 2010 Fifa World Cup final match schedule (PDF, 2.3 MB)“What we have to do now is to keep that passion and support for the World Cup alive, not just in terms of what happens on the field but also in terms of selling tickets.”The next phase of ticket sales is now open on Fifa.com. To date 674 403 tickets have been sold for the 2010 Fifa World Cup, with 361 582 of those going to South Africans.Jordaan noted that the African hopefuls would face strong competition in the group stages of the Fifa World Cup, which features one of the strongest line-ups in the tournament’s history.“Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana are both in strong groups. We hope that they will be able to challenge in those groups, but all the African teams have steep mountains to climb. But it is a World Cup and that is what you have to expect.”Commenting on the opening match of the tournament between South Africa and Mexico at Soccer City on 11 June 2010 Jordaan said: “the Mexican fans are passionate about their team and play attacking and attractive football, so we will have to be at our best when we play them. If we perform well against them and make it past the first round I think all of us will be very happy.“The energetic 90-minute show was kicked off by a crowd favourite, Scatterlings of Africa, from one of South Africa’s greatest music exports, Johnny Clegg. The show featured a performance by the West African singer-songwriter Angelique Kidjo, as well as the Grammy award-winning Soweto Gospel Choir’s energetic rendition of the popular South African song Pata Pata.The schedule is also available on Fifa’s website.The groups are drawn as follows:Group A Group B South Africa Argentina Mexico Nigeria Uruguay South Korea France Greece Group CGroup DEngland Germany USA Australia Algeria Serbia Slovenia Ghana Group E Group F Netherlands Italy Denmark Paraguay Japan New Zealand Cameroon Slovakia Group G Group H Brazil Spain North Korea Switzerland Cote d’Ivoire Honduras Portugal Chilelast_img read more

Tata Altroz unveiled at 89th Geneva International Motor Show, to be commercially launched in mid-2019

first_imgIndian auto major Tata Motors today unveiled the much-talked about Altroz at the 89th Geneva International Motor Show. Along with the premium hatchback, the company also premiered Altroz EV, the seven-seater SUV Buzzard, Buzzard Sport and H2X Concept. Tata AltrozTata Altroz has been engineered on the ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) Architecture. With lightweight, modular and flexible characteristics, the new platform allows the manufacturing of multiple body styles with a choice of powertrains, including gasoline, diesel or full electric.First showcased at the Auto Expo 2018 as the 45X Concept, the hatchback was officially named as Altroz after a seabird known as Albatross, on February 25 by Tata Motors. It will be commercially launched in mid-2019. Upon its introduction in India, the car will challenge the likes of Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20 and Honda Jazz.”It’s a proud and humble moment for us today, as we stand here not only showcasing to all what we have in store in the coming year, but also being able to honour the commitments we made last year at this very time. We are excited to showcase to you the derivatives of our new future protected architectures – Altroz, Altroz EV, Buzzard, Buzzard Sport and the show stopper of the event, H2X Concept. All these global products are based on the two new architecture strategy. We are confident that they will be game changers in their own spheres and will successfully reiterate our commitment to offer aspirational products with world-class design and technology,” Tata Motors CEO and MD Guenter Butschek said.advertisement Tata AltrozTata Altroz is the second vehicle from the company after Harrier to sport the Impact 2.0 Design Language. An athletic stance, sporty silhouette and sharp cut lines characterize the hatchback as a futuristic and edgy car. Chrome finished signature humanity line accentuated by dual slim headlamps and stylish grille, along with piano black ORVM, give it a stylish look upfront. The side profile features a unique arrowhead forming at the intersection of the A pillar, with the front door flowing into a comet tail like swoosh element along the window line. The rear door handle is located on the C pillar. Tata AltrozThe cabin is inspired from Harrier as well as Nexon and gets a cockpit-like theme. There is a seven-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system and TFT cluster display with new interface. Also, premium material has been used to give it a more luxurious feel.Tata Motors is expected to make Nexon’s petrol engine available in Altroz as well. According to the official data, the 1.2-litre motor in the hatchback will be good for 102 PS power and 140 Nm of torque. Apart from the manual gearbox, the company might provide it an automatic transmission as well. So far as dimensions are concerned, Altroz will have length and width of 3,988 mm and 1,754 mm, respectively. The height is 1,505 mm, with the wheelbase measuring 2,501 mm.Safety features like driver and co-driver airbags, ABS with EBD, driver and co-driver seatbelt reminder, ISOFIX child-seat anchorage, park assist with rear sensors, park assist with camera, day and night IRVM and speed alert system will be available in Tata Altroz.ALSO READ | Pininfarina Battista makes world premier at Geneva Motor ShowALSO READ | 2019 Geneva Motor Show: Top 10 cars to watch out forALSO READ | 2019 Geneva: Tata Buzzard 7-seater SUV breaks coverlast_img read more

National Water Policy to be Tabled in Parliament Soon

first_img The National Water Sector Policy and Implementation Plan 2019 is to be tabled in Parliament soon.Director, Water Monitoring, Water Policy and Monitoring Branch, Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (Water Division), Talia Gibson, said the policy is an update of the 2014 water sector policy and embodies the Vision 2030 National Development Plan for Water.Speaking at the recent Red Stripe Water Stewardship Knowledge Forum, held at The Knutsford Court Hotel in New Kingston, Ms. Gibson said the policy seeks to address challenges in the water sector.“The Government, in achieving its objectives, aims, goals, and to deal with several of the challenges identified in the sector, intends to adopt an integrated water resources management approach to managing our water resources. The management of our water resources is a key factor. Water is not an endless source,” she said.Challenges in the sector include inadequate storage, inadequate infrastructure, and vulnerability to climate change, poor waste management practices, high energy consumption and high levels of non-revenue water.The objectives of the policy are to effectively manage water supply in utility and non-utility service areas; to increase resilience to climatic shocks, such as drought; to ensure effective management of wastewater; and to encourage rainwater harvesting, both as a primary source of access and as a drought management mechanism.Additionally, the policy seeks to provide sufficient water for achieving food security by improving irrigation services; ensure effective flood water control; and establish policy, programmes and physical structures in place for climate adaptation and energy efficiency in the water sector. The policy will also seek to facilitate private-sector participation in the water sector.Ms. Gibson further noted that the overall aim of the policy is to provide universal access to potable water and adequate sanitation by 2030.“In this policy, access to water means everyone should have access to at least 50 litres of water each day within 500 metres of their home. The goal of the policy is to ensure that Jamaica’s water resources are effectively managed, so as to provide for our nation’s social, economic, and environmental well-being, now and in the future,” she said. Director, Water Monitoring, Water Policy and Monitoring Branch, Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (Water Division), Talia Gibson, said the policy is an update of the 2014 water sector policy and embodies the Vision 2030 National Development Plan for Water. Speaking at the recent Red Stripe Water Stewardship Knowledge Forum, held at The Knutsford Court Hotel in New Kingston, Ms. Gibson said the policy seeks to address challenges in the water sector. The National Water Sector Policy and Implementation Plan 2019 is to be tabled in Parliament soon. Story Highlightslast_img read more

Lance Thomas Says He Did Not Break Rules at

The way former Duke star Lance Thomas sees it is different from how the NCAA did. He says he did not violate NCAA rules when he purchased nearly $100,000 in diamond jewelry during his college career. The NCAA is investigating.Thomas also indicated a willingness to speak with the NCAA about the purchase, which spawned a lawsuit by a New York jeweler and an inquiry by Duke and the NCAA of whether Thomas violated rules pertaining to improper benefits for college athletes.”I’m still working on that, but I’ll eventually speak to them,” Thomas said.Thomas has settled the lawsuit which claimed he owed nearly $68,000 to Rafaello & Co. for a purchase made during Duke’s 2009-10 national championship season. However, he said some legal details still must be worked out, after which he expects to be more willing to meet with the NCAA and comment publicly in more detail about the matter.”I do feel bad that was something that was just lingering around the university,” Thomas said. ”But everything’s going to get taken care of the right way and I hope the coaching staff and the whole university knows that those were the best four years of my life.””Everything will come out,” he added. ”But it will come out on the better end, hopefully.”The lawsuit, filed in January in Austin, Texas, said Thomas owed $67,800 for five pieces of jewelry he purchased at a cost of $97,800. The invoice, dated Dec. 21, 2009, indicates that Thomas made a $30,000 down payment and agreed to pay the balance in 15 days.Thomas started 39 games at forward for Duke in 2009-2010, his senior season, including the 61-59 victory over Butler in the NCAA championship game.The NCAA has declined to comment on the settlement and what it might mean in terms of investigating the matter. NCAA rules require student-athletes and personnel at member schools to cooperate with the organization’s inquiries, but there’s nothing to compel people who aren’t affiliated with those schools to do so.Thomas wasn’t drafted by an NBA team when he left Duke. Thomas was playing last season for the Austin Toros of the NBA Developmental League when the suit was filed. He was later called up to New Orleans, for whom he appeared in 42 games, averaging 4 points and 3 rebounds in about 15 minutes per game last season.Rafaello & Co., which also does business as A+A Diamonds Ltd., promotes itself as a jeweler that caters to professional athletes and other celebrities. On its website, the jeweler says its customers include actor Jamie Foxx, singer Alicia Keys and New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony.The firm filed a similar lawsuit against Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant last year, asserting that he owed $240,000 for jewelry he purchased between January and May 2010. The purchases occurred after Bryant had left Oklahoma State and was waiting for the NFL draft. read more