Prandelli angry Genoa denied late penalty for Roma defeatby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveGenoa coach Cesare Prandelli was furious over the manner of defeat to AS Roma last night.Prandelli felt Genoa had a “really clear” penalty in stoppages as they lost 3-2.He stated, “It’s strange, because from the bench the push was really clear. It was obvious. We feel somewhat defrauded. I don’t understand why it wasn’t viewed again on VAR.“We knew that Roma were in a difficult situation psychologically and wanted to start strong to take advantage of that.“Football is a fast-paced sport and it is essential to always be concentrated, as the smallest errors can make a big difference, especially inside the penalty area and on set plays.“We had a lot of scoring opportunities and attacking moves, but our final ball wasn’t always correct. I think we lost the game five seconds from half-time, as we were caught in possession, they went on the counter and equalised.“We knew Roma were playing a new system and they hadn’t practiced it much, so inevitably their preventative marking and defensive movements weren’t well-oiled and we tried to take advantage.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Juventus demand Mandzukic fee from Man Utdby Paul Vegas13 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus have told Manchester United they must cough up a fee for Marko Mandzukic.The Daily Express says United will have to spend £10million if they want to sign Mandzukic from Juventus in the January transfer window but the player has reached a verbal agreement with the Red Devils.Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants Croatian star Mandzukic to beef up his misfiring front line.He failed with a summer move for the former Bayern Munich star who will be 34 next May but is understood to have now reached a verbal agreement.Juve want to offload Mandzukic who has has been told that he won’t be featuring in Maurizio Sarri’s plans for the season.He has rejected a lucrative move to Qatar and has been offered the chance to play in the MLS with LAFC but still feels that he can play at the highest level in Europe.
Some of the most active companies traded Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange:Toronto Stock Exchange (16,100.94, down 36.63 points).Aphria Inc. (TSX:APH). Health care. Up $2.87, or 15.53 per cent, to $21.35 on 20.6 million shares.Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB). Health care. Down 49 cents, or 5.65 per cent, to $8.19 on 19.2 million shares.HEXO Corp. (TSX:HEXO). Health care. Up $1.21, or 20.5 per cent, to $7.10 on 11.9 million shares.Baytex Energy Corp. (TSX:BTE). Energy. Down eight cents, or 2.2 per cent, to $3.54 on 9.1 million shares.Canopy Growth Corp. (TSX:WEED). Health care. Down $1.95, or 2.85 per cent, to $66.52 on 9 million shares.Manulife Financial Corp. (TSX:MFC). Financials. Down 26 cents, or 1.1 per cent, to $23.20 on 7.2 million shares.Companies reporting major news:Transcontinental Inc. (TSX:TCL.A). Industrials. Down $1.64 or 5.23 per cent to $29.71 on 481,000 shares traded. The commercial printer and packaging company said its third-quarter revenue soared to $757.9 million but its profit plunged by 60.6 per cent to $19.3 million, mostly because of the printing and media company’s acquisition of Coveris Americas in May. Adjusted net earnings fell to $52.1 million, down 1.5 per cent from $52.9 million last year.HEXO Corp. (TSX:HEXO). Health care. Up $1.21 or 20.5 per cent to $7.10 on 11.9 million shares traded. An activist investor urged the marijuana company to launch a review of its strategic alternatives including a possible sale of the company. Riposte, its second-largest shareholder, praised the work of management at the firm formerly known as Hydropothecary, but noted that its shares trade at a discount compared with its peers.
CAIRO – Egypt’s army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi Wednesday called a meeting of the military’s top council to tender his resignation ahead of a likely presidential bid, state media reported.Sisi’s aides have said the field marshal, who toppled Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July, will contest elections due before the summer.Sisi gathered his belongings in his defence ministry office before starting the meeting with the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, the official newspaper Al-Ahram reported on its website. A senior military officer confirmed to AFP that Sisi would resign on Wednesday.The wildly popular field marshal, who is also defence minister, must resign from the army before standing in the election, which he is expected to win.
Sevilla manager Vincenzo Montella expects his side to deliver a strong performance against Bayern Munich and has challenged his players to take the visitors out of their comfort zoneAfter knocking out Manchester United in the previous knockout stage, Sevilla will play host to Bayern Munich for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash.The match will mark the first time in 60 years that Sevilla have progressed to this stage of the competition with Montella expecting his side to rise to the challenge against a team with the caliber of Bayern.“We always work looking to improve. I always expect the team to do so, regardless of the level of the opponent. Whoever it is, my conviction is always the same.” said Montella, according to the club website.The former AC Milan manager acknowledges that Bayern are accustomed to scoring a high number of goals with the Bundesliga leaders having defeated Besiktas 8-1 on aggregate in their previous knockout round. But Montella challenged his players to make Bayern do things they are not used to.“Bayern are accustomed to scoring a lot of goals, to having the ball. We have to do the same so we make them do things they’re not used to”.Report: Bayern are held by Leipzig George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Bayern Munich was held to another draw, this time by RB Leipzig.Bayern Munich finds themselves in the unfamiliar position of sitting third in the…Montella was unconcerned about Saturday’s fixtures having a bearing on the match: “I’m not worried about it. Your head is what moves your legs and the team is motivated. Maybe Mercado’s and Navas’ fitness worry me a bit but it’s something we’ll evaluate tomorrow”.A notable absence for Sevilla will be midfielder Ever Banega, who is suspended for the first leg.“He won’t play and he’s a player with very clear qualities. It’s something we can’t change and I’m convinced that the player who replaces him will do well.”Montella also reserved special praise for forward Luis Muriel, who has recently begun to reproduce the sort of performances that led Sevilla to paying €20 to sign him from Sampdoria last summer.“He’s grown a lot in these years and it’s true he needs to improve in the opposition’s box but he has huge potential.” said the Italian.On Saturday, Sevilla lost a two goal advantage to settle for a 2-2 draw against La Liga leaders Barcelona after the brilliance of substitute Lionel Messi denied Montella’s side all three poiints.
Salah has been sensational ever since he came to Liverpool from Roma last summer, managing to score as many as 43 goals in this season alone and even looking to break the club record for most goals in a single season.This has caused all of the top European clubs to consider bidding for the Egyptian as it seems he is just getting started right now – Barcelona and Real Madrid have been heavily linked with interest in the Reds sensational player.Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…However, Liverpool are already taking precautions – they are ready to double his salary to as much as 185 000 pounds per week in order for them to be able to keep him at Anfield, according to the Daily Star.He currently earns 90 000 per week and the management seems desperate to tie him down and stop him from departing from the club – he is one of the main reasons Liverpool are in the top four in the Premier League and in the semi-finals of the Champions League as well.
Milan winger Suso has admitted that they have what it takes to become great again, suggesting that a striker like Gonzalo Higuain is what Milan were missing.”For two consecutive season, the Rossoneri finished seventh in Serie A and will be in the Europa League.“Milan have the opportunity to become great again,” Suso told Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo via Football Italia.“We signed a great striker like Higuain and I think he is what we were missing. (Coach Gennaro) Gattuso knows what we can give and this can be the perfect season to get back on track.”Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….Suso also hopes his form at San Siro can help him get a regular foothold in the Spain squad.“It’s nice to come home and being called up for international duty is something to be proud of, always. When a Coach includes you in his first squad, that is very important and I can only be happy with that.“Luis Enrique knows Italy and Serie A very well, so he is aware of what it’s like to play here.”
Manchester United are set to utilize the one-year clause on Anthony Martial’s contract after failing to agree terms for a new long-term deal.The Frenchman is signed to United until 2020 but negotiations are ongoing over a possible five-year extension with the side.The France international has scored eight goals in all competitions this season, leading Mourinho to praise him for resurrecting his United career.“One thing is that he’s a talented player that everybody knows he is – since he was in Monaco, everybody knows he was a talented player,” said the United manager last month as published by Evening Standard.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“Another thing is, a talented player with consistency and understanding of what a football match is in the globality.“So, when you reach that level or when you are almost reaching that level, it’s when you become a player – what I say, a top player.“Because one thing is top talent, another is a top player.“So, when he is now much closer to being a top player, obviously I would like him to stay.”
After Paul Pogba’s unfortunate Tweet mishap, Gary Neville came after the Frenchman by labeling his action as complete ‘garbage’.The day for manager Jose Mourinho is not going well at all, Gary Neville has defended him from the sneakiest reaction which by far was Paul Pogba’s Tweet but he immediately deleted because of how controversial it was.Allegedly, this Tweet was already scheduled by Adidas for Pogba to upload and they immediately removed it as soon as the news about Mourinho’s sacking was announced.But Gary Neville is not buying it, he thinks the posting was deliberate from Pogba and he came strong after the Frenchman for it during his appearance on Sky Sports’ ‘The Debate’.“There is probably a high level of dislike there, but Jose Mourinho lost his job this morning and Paul Pogba and his people put that post out – don’t fall for this coincidence scheduled tweet nonsense, it’s garbage, absolute garbage,” said Neville on Sky Sports.“I think he would have liked to have gone public earlier on Jose, and how the club is at this moment in time.”“But on Jose’s side, I bet he thought when Paul Pogba won the World Cup in the summer he was coming back to an impossible situation where he thought this player is going to be out of control now.”Mourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“I do believe that dancing on the grave of the manager who has just been sacked is out of order. Paul Pogba, there is no doubt, has fallen out with the manager.”“He doesn’t believe in him, he doesn’t like him, he doesn’t think he’s a good coach probably, and vice-versa.”“Jose Mourinho doesn’t think Paul Pogba is as good a player as he thinks he is. There’s been a complete breakdown in the last six months between the pair of them, probably the last year,” he concluded.Gary Neville reacts to Paul Pogba’s tweet which was deleted, following Jose Mourinho’s departure #MUFC pic.twitter.com/VVhuSQPYtl— Manchester United (@MUFCScoop) December 18, 2018
Everton have revealed plans for a 52,000 capacity stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, with the potential to increase to 62,000 in the future.Everton will submit a planning application in the “second half of 2019”, but final capacity and design will come down to public consultation and fans engagement.A statement released by the club read: “The projected capacity takes into account several factors which include design and orientation of the stadium on a dock site, current and future ticket demand and forecast revenues and costs.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“The stadium will also be ‘futureproofed’ for any changes in regulations in relation to ‘safe standing’.“The design of two of the stands will make it easy to adopt a rail seating/safe standing solution, which will offer optionality and flexibility, should the law change in future.“The proposed figure follows extensive engagement with fans and consultation with a range of professional advisors who have expertise in stadium design and defining the optimum capacity for new stadia.”