FairPoint surpasses broadband milestone of 80 percent coverage

first_imgConsolidated Communications,FairPoint Communications has met ‘ and surpassed ‘ another key broadband milestone in Vermont.FairPoint pledged to make broadband available to 80 percent of its customers by the end of 2010 and as of Oct. 31, the company has bested that commitment, said Michael K. Smith, FairPoint state president for Vermont.‘We’re at 80.5 percent and we still have two months to go in 2010,’ Smith said. ‘I don’t know of any other provider in Vermont who has done more to expand broadband for Vermonters than FairPoint. We’ve increased high-speed Internet from 66 percent in 2008 to now more than 80 percent.’In 2010, FairPoint has turned up more homes and businesses in Highgate, Thetford, Peru, Williston, Stockbridge, Westford and Marlboro, with additional communities scheduled to come online before year’s end, Smith said.FairPoint will be continuing to add broadband as it meets its commitment to provide total broadband coverage to half of its exchanges in 2011, with 95 percent completed by June 30 and the remaining 5 percent to be built on demand within 90 days.‘We’re building it as fast as we can and we won’t stop until we’ve reached all of our statewide commitments, which are aggressive, unprecedented and self-financed,’ said Smith.About FairPointFairPoint Communications, Inc. is an industry leading provider of communications services to communities across the country. Today, FairPoint owns and operates local exchange companies in 18 states offering advanced communications with a personal touch, including local and long distance voice, data, Internet, television and broadband services. Learn more at www.FairPoint.com(link is external). ### Source: SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (November 4, 2010) ‘ FairPoint Communicationslast_img read more

Belgium approves tough directives on online gambling advertising

first_img Share Belgium becomes the latest European jurisdiction to serve industry leadership more headaches, confirming that it will move ahead with its planned decree to implement a stringent advertising code on gambling/betting verticals.Directives for a tougher advertising framework on online gambling and betting services have been under review by Belgium’s Parliament since October 2017, when CDV (Christian Democrats) Justice Minister Koen Geens won cross-party support to forward the mandate.In its November update, the Belgian government confirmed that it would move to install a number of CDV’s directives, including implementing a complete ban on online casino TV advertising.The TV advertising ban is supported by a tougher digital advertising framework for online casino operators, who will be restricted to promoting services on government approved websites, with a limited scope on messaging.As anticipated, the Belgian government will further impose an 8 pm TV watershed on sports betting advertising, with no marketing coverage allowed during live sports broadcasts.Further sports betting restrictions see the government support a ban on celebrity or athlete endorsements of gambling products/services.Since 2011, Belgium has operated its online gambling/betting regulatory policy under the directives of its revamped ‘Belgian Gaming Act’, a mandate challenged by online incumbents stating that the government has placed number of provisions favouring established land-based operators, which have led to restrictive market conditions. Submit Belgium BAGO adopts EGBA code of conduct on advertising  May 18, 2020 EU research agency demands urgent action on loot box consumer safeguards July 29, 2020 Belgian Pro League live betting streaming deal for Stats Perform August 21, 2020 Share StumbleUpon Related Articleslast_img read more