Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp #magneticmedianews #tcinhip #drexwellseymour Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, November 28, 2016 – The National Health Insurance Board’s money woes should not be a surprise because the Health plan is audited annually and the Permanent Secretaries of Health and Finance sit in on meetings and are presented information to help their ministers make high level decisions and to be acquainted with what is or is not happening at NHIP.This information comes from former Chairman and HLB Owner and CPA, Drexwell Seymour who responded to questions from Magnetic Media after the bombshell news that the Health Insurance plan is bleeding funds to the tune of $6.1 million and needs an urgent $2 million bail out to save the plan from crashing.Seymour said PriceWaterhouseCoopers(PWC) conducts those audits and that the Board has managed to drastically reduce what government was spending on medical care from $40 million annually on locals only before the NHIP was established to now, $13 million dollars per year for locals and work permit holders.Seymour said monthly accounts are submitted and that Government should perhaps consider giving the NHIB more money to manage medical care as there is a shortfall or not enough money to take care of the health care demands. You can read an article on the state of the NHIP from Drexwell Seymour’s perspective at his Facebook page.Magnetic Media’s report on Friday caused outrage among many residents who questioned leadership following news from a post Cabinet statement which called for a review of NHIB and said that Cabinet was surprised at the financial predicament of the social health care plan. Related Items:#drexwellseymour, #magneticmedianews, #tcinhip PDM Administration announces budget increase for primary health care, goal to reduce overseas medical bills Recommended for you
Celtic midfielder Nir Bitton is happy to be back from a lengthy layoff and ready to fight for his place in Brendan Rodgers’ side.Nir Bitton underwent surgery for a knee injury in February last year and has been on the treatment table since then.After months of intense rehabilitation, the Israeli midfielder returned to training this week and wants to help Celtic win a domestic triple-treble this season.“It’s tough staying positive, especially when you get a long-term injury,” Bitton told Sky Sports.“Sometimes people don’t understand, sometimes people take the simple things in life for granted.Johnston is disappointed after being injured Manuel R. Medina – September 11, 2019 Celtic winger Mikey Johnston was disappointed to miss Scotland Under 21 national team’s victories over San Marino and Croatia, and he hopes he can return to play soon.“It was only after getting this injury that I realized I need to appreciate every single minute on the training pitch, every single minute on the pitch, because in one moment you can lose everything, and you can do nothing about it.“From here, I’ll put the injury behind me, and my main focus is to get back to full fitness now, have a good time in Dubai with the team, to get back into shape, get some thorough training sessions in.“After the winter break, I’ll keep pushing, keep training hard, and hopefully I’ll get some game time, and hopefully we’ll win some more trophies this season.”
A map of Guatemala. Photo: AFPA Guatemalan court on Wednesday sentenced a former soldier to 5,160 years in prison for the massacre of 201 peasants during one of the worst atrocities of the Central American nation’s civil war.The court found Santos Lopez “responsible as author” of 171 of the killings and sentenced him to 30 years for each, or 5,130 years in total.He received an additional 30 years linked to the killing of a surviving child, but the sentences are symbolic because Guatemala’s maximum prison term is 50 years.Lopez was a member of a US-trained counterinsurgency force called Kaibil. He was arrested in the United States and deported in 2016.According to the investigation, Lopez belonged to a patrol that committed the massacre in December 1982 in Dos Erres, on the border with Mexico. The soldiers were trying to recover about 20 rifles stolen by guerrillas during an earlier ambush which left 19 soldiers dead.The story of Dos Erres was told in the 2017 documentary “Finding Oscar,” executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, which recounts the search for another boy whose life was spared and who was then raised by one of the soldiers.A handful of other “Kaibiles” have been convicted, each receiving a sentence of more than 6,000 years in prison.Three others accused in the slaughter were jailed in the US for immigration violations. Several others are believed to reside in the United States.The massacre occurred during the rule of dictator Efrain Rios Montt, who himself was indicted on charges of genocide and died last April.Rios Montt allegedly ordered the murders of 1,771 indigenous Ixil-Maya people during his short reign in 1982-83, which came at the height of the 36-year civil war.According to the UN, about 200,000 people died or were made to disappear during Guatemala’s war, which ended in 1996.