Celia Keenan-Bolger & John Ellison Conlee Welcome Baby Boy!

first_imgCelia Keenan-Bolger and her hubby John Ellison Conlee have welcomed their little bundle of joy to the world! The three-time Tony nominee wrote on her Instagram: “William Emmet Conlee was born 4/29 at 10:21am. 8lbs 2oz and 20 3/4in. We are IN LOVE.”The Mommy-to-be had previously revealed to Broadway.com that the baby was due on April 28, they didn’t know if it would be a boy or a girl and that he or she would take the surname Conlee.Keenan-Bolger received Tony nods for The Glass Menagerie, Peter and the Starcatcher and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. She has also been seen on Broadway in Les Misérables. Conlee was nominated for a Tony for The Full Monty; additional Broadway credits include The Constant Gardner and 1776. View Commentslast_img read more

Broome County Sheriff releases photos of Speedway robbery suspect

first_img4:10 P.M. UPDATE: The sheriff’s office says no injuries were reported in the incident. 9:44 A.M. UPDATE: PHOTO CREDIT: Broome County Sheriff’s Office Dispatchers say New York State Police and the Broome County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene, and that the Sheriff’s office is leading the case. This is a developing story. Stay with 12 News for further updates. TOWN OF UNION (WBNG) — The Broome County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect involved in an attempted robbery at Speedway in the town of Union fled the scene. No other arrests have been made, they say. TOWN OF UNION (WBNG) — The Broome County Sheriff’s Office has released the following photos of the suspect from a robbery that occurred at Speedway Friday morning. —– Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact detectives at 607-778-2334. The sheriff’s office describes the suspect to be a white male and five feet eight inches or five feet nine inches tall. They say he is wearing black pants, black shoes and a black hoodie with white stripes on each sleeves. —– This is a developing story, stay with 12 News for updates. They say deputies were dispatched to the scene at 2:18 a.m. Dispatch says the person who attempted the robbery threatened another person with a knife. PHOTO CREDIT: Broome County Sheriff’s Office TOWN OF UNION (WBNG)- According to Broome County Dispatch, a person attempted to rob the Speedway in West Corners early Friday morning.last_img read more

Manuel Lanzini claims West Ham star can become even better than Javier Mascherano

first_imgManuel Lanzini claims West Ham star can become even better than Javier Mascherano Comment Advertisement Advertisement Javier Mascherano had a short-lived stint with West Ham earlier in his career (Getty Images)Speaking to West Ham’s official website, Lanzini said: ‘Declan, for me, is the hero of the team. He is a very young player, but it is as if he has played 200 games. He is amazing.‘I like to play with him because he has good touch, he has good recovery, I think he is one of the best players in the Premier League.‘He is [like Mascherano]. I played with Mascherano and he is a very good player. He is 20 and I think Declan needs to continue like this if he stays focused and I think he can be better than Mascherano.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySuch has been his rise to prominence over the past 18-months, Rice found himself in the middle of an international tug-of-war for his services between the Republic of Ireland and England with the youngster eventually opting to represent the latter last month.Given the maturity of his displays, Rice, who was capped three times by Ireland in friendly matches last year, has been tipped to a maiden England call-up this month with Gareth Southgate’s side scheduled to face the Czech Republic and Montenegro.Rice has been praised for his effective screening of West Ham’s defence with his 75 successful tackles the joint-sixth highest total in the Premier League this season. He’s also begun adding goals to his game too, netting in wins over Arsenal and Newcastle this calendar year.Mascherano, meanwhile, made just seven appearances for West Ham following his shock double move with Carlos Tevez to Upton Park in 2006, but he went on to enjoy great success with Liverpool and Barcelona prior to joining Hebei China Fortune last year.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 5 Mar 2019 10:44 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link49Shares Declan Rice was on the scoresheet during West Ham’s 2-0 win over Newcastle on Saturday (Getty Images)West Ham’s fit-again playmaker Manuel Lanzini has hailed his teammate Declan Rice as one of the best players in the Premier League and believes he has the potential to be better than Javier Mascherano.The 20-year-old established himself as a regular in West Ham’s side last season and has continued to develop this term into an integral member of Manuel Pellegrini’s squad, starting 26 of the club’s 29 Premier League games.Although Lanzini has been sidelined for the vast majority of the campaign with a cruciate knee ligament injury sustained on the eve of last summer’s World Cup, he has clearly been impressed by what he has seen of his young teammate during his time out.AdvertisementAdvertisementLanzini even likened West Ham’s current holding midfielder to their one-time former enforcer Mascherano which is some praise considering he is his Argentina’s all-time record cap holder with 147 and a two-time Champions League winner with Barcelona.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

Construction of a new Dominica State College underway

first_img 34 Views   no discussions Share Tweet Share Sharing is caring!center_img Dr. Donald Peters. Photo credit: heedc.comPresident of the Dominica State College Dr. Donald Peters has given the assurance that construction of a new DSC will become a reality.The project, which he says will be funded by the Government of China is expected to be handed over in August 2012.“We intend to have three new buildings including a major auditorium and library, agricultural classrooms, hospitality…work is going on as planned,” he said.Peters said the new building will not cause any problems with existing classes. Dominica Vibes News EducationLocalNewsTertiary Construction of a new Dominica State College underway by: – July 13, 2011 Sharelast_img read more

100 mangroves for 100 years of Zonta Zonta Club of Iloilo City II celebrates…

first_imgSTRONG andempowered women of Zonta Club of Iloilo City II planted one hundred mangrovesto mark Zonta International’s 100th anniversary. Zonta CentennialWalk, the six-kilometer walk and mangrove planting activity on Nov. 9, wascomprised by members of Z and Golden Z Clubs of Zonta Club of Iloilo City II aswell as the students and teachers of St. Therese MTC College. The walk startedfrom Barangay Nabitasan, Leganes to Katunggan Eco Park where each of the 100mangroves was carefully placed in its own spot among the mangroves in thesanctuary. Membersof Zonta Club of Iloilo City II are not only advocates of women’s welfare, butthey also actively support the protection of the environment as thus embodiedthrough the Zonta Centennial Walk. As aclub founded to empower women, its main thrust is to lower the incidence ofteen pregnancy and violence against women & children in Iloilo City. It hadlowered the incidence of teen pregnancies in some public schools through theirannual seminars and radio drama programs from four to six per year in 2014 tozero to one since 2017. The club also conducts livelihood workshops andtrainings to marginalized women in barangaysfor them to increase their capacity to purchase their household needs. “Wewomen have the power to change the world and the society, be it in a big way orin our own small way,” Dr. Nuñez said. “InZonta, we envision a world where every woman can achieve her full potential andwhere women will have access to all resources and are represented….Our desireis for all of us women to achieve what we have hoped to achieve and be what wehave always hoped to be,” she added./PN “Mangrovesprotect our shorelines from damaging storm, winds, waves, floods, and weZontians are advocates of clean, green and safe environment,” Zonta Club ofIloilo City II president Dr. Cheryl Lynn Nuñez told Panay News. last_img read more

Rotary Club/Coalition hold Community Issues Forum

first_imgPanel: (L-R) Judge Ryan King, Tonya Ruble-Richter, Justin Rowland, Sarah Brichto.BATESVILLE, Ind. — Yesterday the Batesville Rotary Club along with the Coalition for a Drug Free Batesville hosted the second Critical Issues Community Forum titled the Heroin Epidemic: Silent Victims.Panel members included Ripley County Circuit Court Judge, Ryan King; Executive Director of Southeastern Indiana Voices for Children, Tonya Ruble-Richter; a Family Case Manager with the Indiana Department of Children’s Services of Decatur County, Justin Rowland; and the Executive Direct of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana, Sarah Brichto.The panel talked about how the Heroin Epidemic silently affects kids in ways many people don’t think about.[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/318788322?secret_token=s-hnMZG” params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]There was around an hour of discussion, and a opportunity for audience to ask questions of the panel.last_img read more

Milan Park activities announced

first_imgMilan, In. — Members of the Daren Baker Memorial Milan Park Board are planning summer activities and seeking sponsors. Sponsor blocks around the new basketball court that is scheduled to be completed by late summer. The Farmer’s Market begins on June 11th and runs through September every Tuesday from 4 to 7 p.m. Set up is free for vendors. For more information please email milanparkboard@gmail.com.The 4th Annual Running Hog 5K Night Run/Walk is July 29th at 8 p.m. The largest fundraiser of the year will be held in the Daren Baker Memorial Park. Runners will get a chance to see all the park improvements completed over the last 3 years.  Food and Beverages (including a beer garden) by the Hog Rock Café will be available for purchase and there will be raffles and door prizes. Register at the Milan Town Hall or online here.  Additional information on the event is available on the Park’s Facebook page: Daren Baker Memorial Park or email runninghog5k.milan.in@gmail.com.last_img read more

Fernandinho: We can beat any team

first_img City moved within three points of the Gunners at the top of the standings as they tore into Arsene Wenger’s men at the Etihad Stadium, maintaining their free-scoring form and 100 per home record in some style. Coming just four days after a victory over European champions Bayern Munich, it was another performance which sent out a strong statement about City’s ambitions. Fernandinho feels Manchester City have now proved they can beat anyone after their 6-3 thrashing of Barclays Premier League leaders Arsenal. Press Association Fernandinho, who hopes his form might earn him a Brazil World Cup call, added on City TV: “It was my best performance, but not just the goals, the whole performance in the 90 minutes. “I tried to do my best and today I was. I am a lucky guy to score twice.” Fernandinho’s double came in the second half as City put the game beyond the Gunners. Sergio Aguero, who later went off with a calf injury, put City ahead after an impressive start but Theo Walcott equalised. Alvaro Negredo struck the second before Fernandinho gave City a two-goal cushion. Walcott kept Arsenal in contention with his second but David Silva and Fernandinho made the result safe. Per Mertesacker did pull one back but Toure completed the scoring from the penalty spot after James Milner was tripped. Fernandinho said: “The team are all pleased, all the staff was very happy. “We didn’t just beat the simple team, we beat the leader of the Premier League. It is not easy. “We have to celebrate this victory but we must think about the next game as well.” City are back in action at Leicester in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday but then seek to address their underwhelming away league form at Fulham next weekend. They then host Liverpool and Crystal Palace in back-to-back home games on Boxing Day and December 28. Fernandinho said: “This Christmas period is strong. We have a lot of games but I think our team is prepared to play very well. “We work hard every day, every training and the most important thing is we show this on the pitch. “The team is more consistent, plays better. I hope we can keep it up and be consistent to the end of the Premier League.” Midfielder Fernandinho was at the heart of most of City’s good play, capping a man-of-the-match display with his first two goals since his £30million move from Shakhtar Donetsk. The Brazilian said: “I am really happy to score twice but it is not just about the goals, (it’s about) the performance of the team. “We showed we are a great team, a very good team. We showed we can beat any team. We showed very good football. The performance was incredible. “It was important, this result, because we keep a short distance between the leader of the Premier League and us. “I think it is very important for us because we want to be there at the top of the table.” Fernandinho believes his own display was his best since arriving at the club in the summer. The 28-year-old has combined well with Yaya Toure in the midfield but until now he has primarily taken a more defensive role while the Ivorian has pushed ahead. But Fernandinho showed how impressive he can be further forward with a fine finish from the edge of the area and some nimble footwork for his second. last_img read more

Zenith Bank/Delta Principal’s Cup Prelims Begin in 25 LGAs

first_imgThe preliminary matches of the 2019/2020 edition of Zenith Bank/Delta Principal’s Cup football competition will start today in the 25 Local Government Areas of the state.From today, the secondary schools involved in the prelims will battle for places in the main draw of the event which starts with the opening match billed for the Stephen Keshi Stadium Asaba on September 30.The competition which is in its 4th edition is expected to get better in all areas this term as the final is also taking place later in the year and not next year as it was in the last three editions. Delta State’s Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education, Chief Patrick Ukah, has assured that the tournament would be hitch-free.Ukar said: “The players expected to take part are the leaders of tomorrow and so we want the best for them since this is their foundation in the game.“We are going to try our best to make this an improvement on the last year’s edition.”The Chief Executive Officer of Hideaplus Limited, organisers of the competition, Tony Pemu, said the tournament is wearing new look already.“We normally spill to the next year but this time everything ends this year. We have all the logistics in place to make the competition more interesting,” Pemu saidDickson Egede, Manager Zenith Bank Branch 1 Asaba, said the bank would continue to boost sports in Nigeria.“We are committed to the growth of sports generally and that is why we are pleased with the catch them young policy of the Delta state Government,” he said.About 850 private and public secondary schools have so far registered to participate in this year’s edition of the competition.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

No exemption request received from the promoter of Buju concert in…

first_imgCredit: Ryan Mattis ST. GEORGE’S, Grenada – Immigration and labor officials here say the promoters of a show featuring Jamaican singer, Buju Banton, have not yet made any request for an exemption allowing him to enter the island for the May 11 show.“Night of Love”Banton, whose real name is Mark Anthony Myrie, will headline the “Night of Love” carded for May 11 here as part of a tour of several Caribbean countries.Earlier this week, the Trinidad and Tobago government announced an exemption for the Jamaican singer because the country’s Immigration Act prohibits “persons who have been convicted of or admit to having committed any crime, which if committed in Trinidad and Tobago would be punishable with imprisonment for one or more years”.The legislation also allows for the Minister of National Security to issue a written permit to allow any person to enter the island or to remain therein. National Security Minister Stuart Young gave the assurance that once the promoters request the necessary exemption, he was prepared to grant an exemption.Grenada’s laws similar to TT’sGrenada’s Immigration law also has similar provisions, but the final directive will be at the discretion of the Immigration Minister after an application is made for a work permit in the Ministry of Labor.Grenada’s Minister for Immigration is Prime Minister Dr Keith Mitchell.When asked if his company was aware of the law, Ian St Bernard of Sunshine Promotions replied “I am not a lawyer, I don’t know anything about that, I have my work permit, call the Attorney General and ask them about that”.Immigration officials have explained that as a Caribbean Community (CARICOM) national, there is provision for all CARICOM nationals to enter the island, however, the Minister of Immigration can approve enter and denial. “It is always at the pleasure of a receiving state that a person is allowed into a country so in the case of Buju, who served time in prison and did not received a pardon, an immigration officer without receiving an exempt instruction will have to comply with the law,” one Immigration official said.An official from the Ministry of Labor explained that despite the provision for free travel within CARICOM entry to an island is still guided by the Immigration Act.In 2011 Buju Banton was sentenced to 10 years in prison after he was convicted of conspiracy to possess cocaine with the intent to distribute. He was released in December 2019 from a USA federal prison after serving seven years behind bars.last_img read more